30 DecLeia’s 10th birthday trip – Lego Land and Seaworld

The day after Christmas we loaded the car to head to Sea World and Legoland for Leia’s 10th birthday trip. It took us almost 10 hours with food, gas, and potty stops. When we finally got to the room Chris was ready to relax so Lisa took the girls to explore a little the 28 acres of the resort and find a pool they wanted to get into. Leia said it felt good while Ivy said it was a little chilly but they both had fun playing. Mommy made them get out at 9:45 to go get baths and in bed so we would be well rested for the day at Sea World the next morning. 

On the way to our adventure

Love how their personalities shine thru in this random picture waiting on the elevator

These two were excited to swim in December

We were up brought and early to go to the buffet breakfast at the hotel so we could head to explore Sea World. Chris saw a roller coaster on the way in called Mako and asked Leia about doing it but she declined. We suggested he go ahead and ride it since 10 minute wait while we went to do something else. We walked thru an aquarium then made our way to the penguin ride only to find out there was a electrical issue and all rides were closed. There was a walking exhibit for the penguins so we elected to do that instead. it was chilly in the exhibit but we watched the penguins shake their butts before we headed to feed the sea lions. Chris’s 10 minute wait was a little longer with the technical issue but but he said it was a fun coaster and was able to meet back up with us to go to the dolphin show.

The dolphin shows was one of our favorites. We all loved watching their tricks and grace in the water. Of course we sat in the splash zone. Thankfully Lisa and Leia did not get splashed but Chris and Ivy did. Next on the agenda was the Sky Tower since it was suppose to start raining the afternoon and we were told if there was any weather in the area this ride was closed. While we were in line another little girl in line said it was like Rapunzel’s tower and we all laughed as we headed up the tower. It took us 300 ft high and gave us a great view of the park and allowed us to see for miles. 

We headed to check in for lunch with the whales and Chris volunteered to wait in the line while the girls went to ride a carousal.  Thankful Chris waited since we got a great table next to the glass to see the whales. We found out that the whales have 7 pools they could be in at SeaWorld. Killer whale is the largest type of whale. Originally called “whale killer” but the name changed when they found out they ate more than just other whales. Another name for whales is ‘orca’. Killer whales also weight an average 10,000 to 12,000 lbs. 

After lunch we went to the flamingo paddle boats to float around the lake then to Arctic Wild to ride a helicopter simulator ride across the Antarctic. By then the rain had started pretty steady so we went to get pretzels to escape the rain but the seating was outside. We grabbed a couple ponchos and kept on playing in the park thankful that it was just a steady mist instead of a pouring rain as we explored a little moe. 

The girls got to pick our seats at the whale show, “One World” so of course we were in the soak zone again. This show was another favorite! Even after having lunch with them and watching a few tricks we were glad we went early to get into the show. After it we ventured down to a newer exhibit, ‘Seasame Street’ for the girls to ride the hot air ballon before we watched the Christmas parade. The balloons got Ivy a little motion sick but she pushed thru to watch the parade. The girls were wearing down so we shopped a little for souvenirs since we promised we’d do that just before we left before walking back to the hotel. Thankful we made it back before the bottom fell out. We decided to grab a light dinner on site with the rain before calling it a night. 


Feeding the Sea Lion

Dolphin Show

Turtle Exhibit

Sky Tower had great views of the park

Mommy took the girls to the carousal while daddy waited for our table 

We enjoyed getting to have a up close look at Orca’s or killer whales at lunch  

Girls asked to paddle boat in the flamingos after lunch
We rode a helicopter to the Arctic and learned about animals there all while staying at SeaWorld

We arrived to the show an hour early this time since the earlier show was sold out 30 minutes prior to start and the girls picked our seat

Always up for fun and a cookie

The girls played in Sesame Street Land then we watched the parade. We had planned on watching a ice skating show but it started raining more and we decided to head to the hotel

It was like being on a cruise when we got back to the room we found towel swan and the bed decorated. Thankful we opted to head back since the bottom fell out a few minutes after we got to the room

We lounged a little Saturday morning with the rain outside. We were up and packed for our next adventure by 8:00 though so not everyone would consider that a leisure morning but it was too us. We stopped by “@ the Diner” for breakfast on our way out of Orlando to Winter Haven to go to Legoland. We arrived at the hotel a little before 11 but of course couldn’t check in so we headed to the park for a little fun.

We walked in and were amazed at the mini-land of legos and spent a little while exploring it. Unfortunately, as we stood in line for our first ride it started raining. Several rides were closed down due to rain so we were a little bummed but enjoyed exploring. Our smart daddy checked their rain policy and found out that if a ride is closed more than 2 hours your can get a raincheck ticket so we were able to do that before we left. Thankfully the rain was on and off through the afternoon so we were able to ride a few rides but not all of the ones we wanted too. Chris couldn’t talk either girlie into riding a roller costed with him though. After being wet the second day in a row we decided to head to the hotel to check in and get out of the rain a little bit. 

When we checked in about 5 o’clock we had full intentions of returning later that night after the rain passed. However, the hotel was so exciting the girls did not want to return. They loved our room! Ivy celebrated there was a bunk bed and sissy let her sleep on top. They did the treasure hunt in the room to unlock the chest to find hidden treasures (apple juice, a snack, and lego packs to take home). Daddy said he was tired of park and hotel food so we pulled rank and forced the girls to leave for yummy food at “Harry’s Old Place”. A funny little 8 year old girl whispered to her daddy before we ordered that she “knew why it was called Harry’s OLD place because it was full of old people”. We all busted out laughing! Most the people in there were well past retirement but it was some good eating, even the funny girl admitted it.

We did not delay heading back to the hotel when we finished and the girls jumped right in the interactive story time, played with legos, connect four, and roamed around the pirate ship. Next on their agenda was the hotel pool. They had fun floating around and building with the pool legos. We ended up watching the fireworks pool side. Chris let Lisa head up to go get ready for bed while the girls shut down the pool. They came up to get baths but were full of excitement energy. The only reason they went to bed as early as they did was because the hotel had quiet time but they got to play on their devices for a little bit to wind down so they could sleep. 

The mainland was amazing. You can see national monuments from around the world made of legos and lego replicas of other things too


Of course we could had looked at those in the rain but as soon as we finished we tried to go ride a couple rides that closed due to rain so we played 

Finally found a open ride and the girls loved it
Leia found a jet ski ride next that Ivy wanted nothing to do with since it went in circles but she had fun spraying water cannons. I love that she can normally find the fun in anything 

We found a family ride next, loved that they let the kids play while the parents waited in line

And then the girls joust

Finally lunch for starving little people

Our girls always love a good carousal ride, especially a double decker

We explored Heartland at Lego land to see all the lego friends

On the way out we took advantage of a few photo ops
This girl can entertain herself anywhere and likes being in pictures more than her sister and daddy

We finally went to check into the hotel and the girls LOVED the hotel! They might have liked the hotel more than the park

The girls said our room was amazing! 
Great view

There was an adult area and kid area in the room
There was a treasure hunt in the room too the girls had to solve

Lego surprises around the room

Dance party in the elevator

We stoprped for a photo op on our way to dinner while daddy got the car

Ivy whispered to daddy, she knew why it was called ‘Harry’s Old Place’ since only old people were there; we all belly laughed

When we got back the girls jumped into story time and playing in the lobby

Next on their agenda was the lego pool
We watched the fireworks pool side

They were two of the last out of the pool as the hotel had “quiet time” so we were forced to go to bed

Sunday morning no one woke up before 7; mind you that normally at least one person is up early. Mommy was getting dressed when leia woke up followed by Ivy and daddy. Daddy told us cousin Brian had texted and he and Jonah was coming to Legoland today so we were excited to get to see them a few minutes. We headed down to bricks where the Lego-man ‘Chef’ cooked breakfast. The girls did a great job eating and seemed to really enjoy it while mom and dad thought it was okay. The girls enjoyed playing in the hotel while we packed and loaded the car then they wanted to go wait to get in the park in hopes they would get to ride some of the rides they’d missed the day before because of rain starting with Mia’s horse ride since it closes even if it misty rains.

Just our luck it started raining while we were in line. Thankful it was a light rain and short lived. We were able to ride the safari ride that we’d waited for twice the day before and missed because of rain. Chris talked the girls into a wooden rollercoaster, coastersaurus. Leia got off saying she loved it. Ivy said it was ok but she did not like the drop. The girls picked to go to ride Ninjago again before the line got long; mommy dominated this time. Cousin Brian texted they just arrived so we met up with them to head to ride ‘Great Lego Race VR’ but Ivy said she was too scared. Mommy told daddy to go with Leia before she could see Ivy freak out and back out too.  

Mommy and Ivy sat to watch them for a little bit but then decided to explore another area of the park we had not walked through thinking we would head back in time to get pictures. Chris texted on our way back that there was a rain delay before they could ride so it ended up being a little over an hour wait but Leia said it was worth it. Ivy led the way as we roamed the park and said there was rides she wanted to do but was too scared so mommy finally pulled rank and told her we were going to do ‘Master of Flights’, not knowing what the ride was or anything about it. We waited in line almost 40 minutes. A fun fact we learned while waiting per the fact screens is that there are 75 billion Lego’s produced in a year. Chris and Leia got done with their ride as we were 3 from the front so they hung around to wait on us. 

Ivy was not too sure about the ride as we approached but got in it with mommy with nervous eyes. She only closed her eyes a few times and ended up saying it was fun afterwards. Chris and Leia were waiting on us when we got off so we all met back up for a soft pretzel. Chris told us about a coaster that he was too tall to ride and Leia wanted to do so Leia and mommy went to ride the coaster, ‘Flying School’. The wait for the ride was longer than we thought it would be and 30 minutes in Leia said to just go but mommy said no and afterwards Leia said she was glad she didn’t miss it. Daddy and Ivy got icees, watched the rides, and even took pictures of us on the coaster. Since it had not rained in a while we tried going to ‘Mia’s Riding Adventure’ again on our way out of the park but they were still closed. Little sad we could not make that ride work we went to get Ivy get the henna tattoo she wanted and Leia pick out a lego set which cheered both of them up before heading to the car for our long drive home.

Chris was amazing on the way home. We had agreed before leaving that if we were too tired we would find a hotel and finish the drive the next day but he knew Lisa really just wanted to drive straight home. What he did not know is that by 9 o’clock had he said he was getting tired Lisa would have said lets get a hotel since she was struggling to stay awake. He never said he was tired though and pushed through to drive us all the way home. All three of his girls were thankful he got us home safely that night and we were all able to sleep in our own beds, waking up at our leisure the next day. What great memories we made on this trip! 

Before breakfast where Chef fixed all the guests meals
Love that this girl wanted a picture on her way into the park, we rain to catch up after snapping it

First ride in the park was through the jungle; this was the ride we waited on twice the day before but missed due to rain


Always having fun
Daddy finally got the girls to ride a roller coaster and got to see his cousin, Brian 

Ivy refused to ride another roll-a-coaster so we explored the park and she led the way and we took photo ops on the way per her request


We met back up with Chris and Leia after they rode a roller coaster then mommy went to ride one with Leia too. She was so excited to ride the roller coaster after almost an hour of waiting

On our way out Ivy got her henna tattoo right before we left the park to head home

Chris drove us all the way home while the girls and mommy dozed on and off. We got there a few minutes after midnight but the girls were up bright and early playing with legos while we let daddy sleep as long as he wanted 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: